How to induce labor overnight?
There are various ways, other than medicines, to induce labor overnight. Amongst many non-medicated ways, including labor through acupressure and acupuncture can be very helpful. There have been various studies that have been proven to be effective related to acupressure. Still, we need more scientific studies to back these facts.
After 39-40 weeks, practicing acupressure and acupuncture can relieve pregnant women who have been struggling with labor pain. Some pregnant women might think of inducing labor overnight. Well, this article is specifically for them.
Natural Ways to Induce Labor Overnight:
There are various ways/ points associated with acupressure and acupuncture, but they may be controversial for some people. It is said that pressing specific points through acupressure can help release pregnant women’s bodies to release oxytocin. It will help them to induce labor.
- Massaging certain points through acupressure therapy will help relieve the labor pain in pregnant women.
- Massage therapy for the hip, ligament, and back can also help you feel relieved.
- Acupressure can also help you feel relaxed in musculoskeletal pain.
- Several acupuncture points have also been said to feel relief during pregnancy. (Still, more evidence and scientific research are needed to back the labor-inducing part.)
- Acupuncture is said to help our body release oxytocin, which, as a result, gives relaxation and relief to the body.
- Moreover, acupuncture can also boost the hormones and the nervous system.
- Getting acupressure/ acupuncture by a licensed professional, midwife/ doctor would be smart. So that there won’t be any complications related to anything.
- Acupressure is said to help boost labor by carrying out the therapy from a trained professional.
- Moreover, the research says acupuncture may help pregnant women to increase cervical ripening.
- After getting detailed instructions from a professional practitioner, pregnant women may use acupressure to help boost the labor.
- Some might argue there isn’t enough proof that Acupressure can also alleviate pain and discomfort during labor.
Before trying anything yourself, that too during pregnancy might not be a wise choice. Hence, it would be better to consult your healthcare professional/ doctor and conduct natural ways to induce labor.
Only after consulting your OB-GYN can you make any decisions and come to perform any of the techniques, natural or medicine-related. As we all know, pregnancy is a critical time, and you are about to get a little life into this world. Hence, don’t do anything without proper knowledge or experience about it.