How to use an Acupressure pillow to cure insomnia?
Insomnia is a prevalent type of sleep disorder. It causes difficulty in falling asleep at night and reduces the duration of your sleep resulting in tiredness, irritability, loss of concentration, boredom, etc. There are many reasons like depression, lifestyle changes, stress which might cause insomnia. An acupressure pillow can be used to cure insomnia.
An acupressure pillow is a particular pillow used to apply pressure on the body’s acupressure points. These points are located in the hands, feet, and head. Applying pressure on these points helps to improve blood circulation and relaxes the muscles. This, in turn, helps to promote sleep and cure insomnia.
Here are some tips on how to use an acupressure pillow to cure insomnia:
1) Choose the acupressure pillow’s appropriate size and shape according to your body size and requirements.
2) Find an acupressure point near your neck region and place the pillow over it. Gently press the pillow for 1-2 minutes.
3) Locate an acupressure point near your eye region and place the pillow over it. Gently press the pillow for 1-2 minutes.
4) Place the pillow over an acupressure point near your throat region and gently press it for 1 minute.
5) Locate an acupressure point in between your eyebrows (on your forehead). Place the pillow on this point and press gently for 1-2 minutes to reduce stress, headache, insomnia, etc.
6) Place the pillow under your feet or ankles, or calves (whichever is comfortable) and relax for 10-15 minutes while keeping your feet touching the wall or ground. This placement stimulates points in both feet, which helps to cure insomnia.
7) For a good night’s sleep, place the pillow near your belly button and relax for 30-45 minutes while keeping your feet touching the wall or ground. This placement stimulates points in both feet, which helps to cure insomnia.
8) After doing acupressure on all other acupressure points, gently press the pillow over your chest region for 1 minute, which will provide a soothing effect and help you to fall asleep quickly.
9) If you have any health issues, consult a doctor before using an acupressure pillow to cure insomnia.
10) Ensure that you rest your head comfortably on the pillow without putting too much pressure on it because keeping your head raised from the normal position might increase the chances of snoring.
An acupressure pillow is a great way to cure insomnia and improve sleep quality. It is simple to use and can be done at home without hassles.
Also, if you are suffering from severe health conditions, consult a doctor before using an acupressure pillow without knowing what pillows suit your requirement.
Other than that, ensure that you follow all instructions mentioned in the How to Use Acupressure Pillow to Cure Insomnia section.
So this pillow is not harmful to our health???
No, this pillow is not harmful to your health. It is made up of natural materials and is entirely safe for use. However, if you suffer from severe health conditions, consult a doctor before using this pillow.
Insomnia is a common type of sleep disorder that affects all age groups. People of different ages can use an acupressure pillow to cure insomnia and improve their sleep quality.
Can we use this pillow sleeping time???
Yes, you can use this pillow while sleeping. But make sure that you place it on some other firm surface like the bed while relaxing for sleep. This will help avoid any discomfort while resting your head on the pillow.
Types of pillow
There are different types of acupressure pillows available in the market. You can choose the most suitable one for your body size and requirements. Also, make sure that you read the instructions carefully before using any acupressure pillow.
What kind of pillow can we prefer to buy???
You can buy any pillow which suits your body. However, make sure you choose the most suitable one for your sleeping position. Here are some of the common types of pillows available in the market:
1) U-shaped Pillow – Good for side sleepers and people who like to hug their pillow while resting on the bed.
2) J-shaped Pillow – Pregnant women mainly prefer this pillow since it provides optimum support to the belly area while relaxing on the sides or back.
3) C-shaped Pillow – This type of acupressure pillow works well with all kinds of sleepers while providing maximum comfort while resting on sides or stomachs.
4) Orthopedic Pillow – This pillow is designed to provide practical support to neck and head regions. It is mainly used by people who suffer from chronic pain in these areas.
5) Memory Foam Pillow – This type of pillow is made up of special foam that molds according to the shape of your head and neck. It helps maintain the natural curve of your spine and prevents any pain or discomfort.
6) Buckwheat Hull Pillow – This pillow is filled with buckwheat husks that help regulate your head and neck temperature. It is a good choice for people who suffer from allergies.