Foot Acupressure Points – Complete Guide for Acupressure Foot Chart:
Sit for a while place your feet in front of you and have a look at them – what do you see? For one, you may see only feet made for running and walking. While others may see, their feet as only part of their body taking them from one point to another apart providing movement?
Some may say, I see my feet and they are very sore from standing on them all day – the point is that one’s feet are a very important part of our body not only for movement but provide some interesting foot acupressure points used for healing different ailments found in the body.
Different Reflexology Points for a Variety of Treatments:
Our feet have a lot of reflexology points, with some knowledge one can use these different areas of your feet to heal a variety of ailments found in your body, and made up of the following:
- Hormonal imbalances
- Improving your sleep pattern
- Providing relaxation
- Improve vision
- Digestion problems
- Improve posture
- Relieve back pain
- A headache and migraine relief
- Helps with anxiety
- Treat certain illnesses and symptoms
- Help reduce stress
However, when one suffers from burning feet from standing all day there are foot acupressure points that one can apply pressure to help relieve the burning sensation in your feet and other ailments found in the body.
Pressure Points for Burning Feet and Other Ailments
The following pressure points one can use to help relieve burning feet and many other illnesses found in the body. One does not need to use all these acupoints and when you have a free hand, you can apply pressure to these points effectively.
One finds the Kun Lun on the inner side of your ankle. Apply pressure to this acupressure point by using your thumbs one centimeter away from the ankle on both feet for two minutes every day. It helps with numbness, neck inflexibility, backache, ankle, pain in the heel, nosebleeds, swollen ankles, fever, and blurred vision.
The San Yin Jiao
The San Yin Jiao is found on the inside surface of your leg by placing four fingers-width above your inner ankle bone. Here one can apply pressure for up to two minutes and great for treating:
- Abdominal pain
- Helps with balancing
- Irregular menstruation
- Clinical depression
- Immune deficiency disorders
- Varicose veins
- Pre-menstrual stress
- Hot flashes
- Low Sexual desire
- Burning feet
The Fu Liu
Just below the San Yin Jiao point, one finds the Fu Liu pressure point about two finger widths below on the front border of the tendon-calcaneus. The benefits of using this point helps improve energy in the aged and is great for low backache, abdominal pain, swelling of your legs, foot weakness, night sweating, hemorrhoids, and burning feet.
The Zu San Li
When one is looking for the Zu San Li one can find it situated four finger-widths below your kneecap towards the outer side of the shinbone. The Zu San Li is known for strengthening the whole body and when applying pressure to this point it helps not only relieve burning feet but also:
- To boost energy
- Knee pain
- Gastric pain
- Mental disorders
One can find the Tai Xi pressure points in the groove between the medial malleolus and your tendo-calcaneus level at the tip of the medial malleolus. Applying pressure to this point helps relieve burning feet, toothache, sore throat, asthma, impotence, insomnia, lower backache, anxiety, and an ever-young point in removing age lines.
The Gong Sun
One finds the Gong Sun acupressure point on the arch of your foot, two finger-widths away from the ball of your foot in a hollow above the tendon of your big toe. Applying up to two-minute pressure to this point helps with gastric pain, heartburn, immune deficiency, tiredness, inflammation in the stomach, ulcers, epilepsy, depression, irritable bowel syndrome, anxiety attacks, and burning feet.
Basic Foot Reflexology Chart
The Calm Sleep Reflexology Point:
One finds the Calm Sleep reflexology point in the groove directly below your outer anklebone. Applying pressure to this hollow point helps with relieving ankle pain, insomnia, heel pain, and most other related foot pains. Apply pressure to this point by using your index finger while massaging in a circular motion.
Some other Helpful Techniques to Use with Foot Acupressure Points:
Although burning feet are common for people standing on their feet all day it could also relate to certain shoes that one wears. Even when applying these foot acupressure points there are some other helpful techniques one can follow to help relieve burning feet and ankle pain.
You can soak your feet in a tub of warm water with some crystal salt to make them relaxed and help to make your leg muscles relax at the same time. Another great way is by taking some lavender, camphor, or eucalyptus essential oils and massage, the oils into your feet and preferably done by someone else. This will help to make one relax and help with the burning sensation found in the feet.
Foot Reflexology Sole Chart
Take care of your feet:
Our feet are important as they provide us with mobility in getting from one point to another. Our feet work the hardest in our body as we are on our feet for most part of the day. Try to avoid straining your feet and staying in one position all the time when standing.
In addition, always remember when applying foot acupressure points to relieve burning feet or any other ailments found in the body, one needs to drink plenty of warm water after treatment. This helps to clear toxins out of the body and always consult a doctor before starting any form of Acupressure Therapy!
Home Remedies for Burning Feet
Have you ever woken up during the night to find that your feet are burning as if bitten by ants?
The problem is there are no insects in the bed. So what is causing this uncomfortable situation? You may be suffering from burning feet (Grierson-Gopalan.)
Burning feet syndrome becomes more intense during the night and spreads from the soles to your lower legs, ankles, and the top of your feet.
Symptoms related to burning feet can range from mild to severe and cause many difficulties, especially when you want to sleep. According to medical studies, the common cause is nerve damage. The reason can be from diabetics and other possible causes as well.
Foot Reflexology Outside Chart
Treating burning feet depends on the cause. We are here to help enlighten your search with information and home remedies you can use to help relieve the burning sensation in your feet.
What Causes Burning Feet
Before we get to the different home, remedies for burning feet let us look at what could cause this sensation to keep you up at night.
- Diabetic Neuropathy – if you have not controlled your high blood sugar it gradually damages the nerve system. Further, it can affect various parts of your body including the feet. What the high blood pressure does is weaken the blood vessels that carry oxygen and nutrients to the nerves. If you do have diabetes the symptoms increase if you smoke, drink alcohol, have high blood pressure, or are obese. If you notice, any signs of neuropathy visit your doctor.
- SFSN – small fiber sensory neuropathy is another painful form of neuropathy and includes the loss of feeling in your feet. You can feel short bursts of pain and is a result of the failure of the myelin sheath that covers and protects nerve fibers. Here diabetes can be present and best to talk to your doctor.
- Alcohol Abuse – drinking too much alcohol leads to alcoholic neuropathy and eventually weakens the muscles causing muscle spasms and the loss of muscle function. You can stop abusing alcohol, but some nerve damage is permanent.
- CMT – Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease is usually generic and affects the nerves controlling the muscles. Symptoms worsen over time. The first sign is pins & needles and burning feet and hands.
- CRPS – complex regional pain syndrome commonly found after surgery. When injured or you had surgery the nerves become damaged and signal a burning sensation, change in skin color, or swelling. Further, it can affect your immune system.
- Nutritional Deficiencies – this happens if you have undergone malnutrition in the past. You can heal your body by taking in vitamin B-12, vitamin B-6, or vitamin B-9. Anemia could cause the same sensation, as you are vitamin B deficient.
These are only a couple of warning signs, and there are many others as well. Are you uncertain about the best options to visit a doctor to have tests done?
Foot Reflexology Inside Chart
Diagnosing Burning Feet
As mentioned, the best is to visit your doctor if your feet are painful. The physician will do a physical exam which could comprise:
- A fungal infection
- Structural problems with the feet or legs
- Pale or reddened skin
- Check your reflexes
- The lack of feeling or sensation
Further, your doctor will check your medical history and medication taken over the years. The doctor may have tests done for diabetes, as it is one of the common causes. Alternatively, they will test your kidney function, thyroid hormone, vitamin deficiency, and HIV status.
Home Remedies for Burning Feet Syndrome
Treating Grierson-Gopalan depends on the cause, and sometimes it can be straightforward. If you have diabetes, you will need to change your medication and diet.
Your doctor might prescribe drugs to help ease the nerve pain. Other treatments may include electrical nerve stimulation, magnetic therapy, laser therapy, or light therapy.
However, if you do not have severe burning feet, you can use other home remedies at home.
Foot Reflexology Toes Chart
Home Remedies for Burning Feet during Pregnancy
During pregnancy, many things could frustrate you and one of them is the burning sensation in your feet. Another thing you will notice is your feet swelling. Luckily, there are natural remedies to help ease the problem. You can do the following:
- Potassium Diet – one way to reduce the burning and swollen sensation is to eat a high-potassium diet. Banana is a fruit that offers you an excellent amount of nutrients.
- Rest – give your feet the rest they need as too much pressure makes your feet swell up more. You can keep your feet elevated during your resting.
- Move Around – prevent keeping your feet in the same position and move around. Change your feet arrangement especially if you have a desk job.
- Consume Less Coffee – caffeine is not healthy and leads to dehydration and swollen feet causing a burning sensation with it.
- Drink Enough Water – now you may think about how drinking water can help relieve the sensation. A fact is that keeping the body hydrated helps to flush the body of excess fluid and toxins.
- Make Use of a Skin Brush – use the brush in an upwards formation to help with blood circulation.
- Drink Apple Cider Vinegar – you can mix a spoonful of ACV with two glasses of water and drink on an empty stomach. Doing, this helps to balance the electrolytes and contains high levels of potassium. You can even wrap your feet with it. Take equal parts of apple cider vinegar with warm water and soak a towel in it, wrap it around the feet.
- Soak Your Feet and Get a Massage – another great way to help reduce the burning sensations is to place your feet in Epsom salts. It helps to relax the feet and to make it even better follow it up with a foot massage.
Home Remedies for Burning Feet and Palms
Whether you have burning feet & palms during summer and they are itching, you can make use of the following natural remedies to relieve the sensation:
- The Healing Properties of Turmeric
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help cure many diseases. You can use it to relieve itchiness, and burning, and relieve pain in the hands and feet. Turmeric contains curcumin which helps with the blood circulation and functioning of the nerve fibers. You can mix two teaspoons of turmeric in a glass of water to drink twice a day. Alternatively, you can make a paste of it with water and apply it to the affected area.
- Epsom Salts
If you need immediate relief from burning, feet use Epson salts. You can add a cup of the Epson salts to a tub of warm water and soak your feet for 15 minutes up to twice a day. The salt contains magnesium sulfate that helps with relieving burning sensations found in the hands and feet. However, it may not be suitable for people to use if they have heart disease or diabetes.
- Cold Water
As an alternative to Epson salts, you can place your feet in cold water to relieve the burning sensation.
Ginger is another effective remedy that helps with burning feet as it promotes proper blood circulation in the body. You can boil a cup of milk and add some ginger powder to it. Boil it further for up to ten minutes and drink every day. Alternatively, you can add it to olive oil and use it to massage the feet or drink it in a tea.
The famous Italian herb is a beneficial home remedy to relieve the burning sensation in your feet. The aromatic plant improves your blood circulation helping to heal the nervous system. You will need two bowls of water one filled with hot and the other with cold. Soak the thyme in water and divide it between the two containers. Place your feet in warm water for up to five minutes and switch over to the cold water. You can repeat the cycle for up to twenty minutes.
- Vitamin B3
To boost the nerve system you can consume vitamin B3 to relieve the burning sensation in your feet and hands. You can use it to supplement your diet and found in peas, milk, egg yolks, vegetables, and wheat grain.
Home Remedies for Cracked Burning Feet
One of the worst nightmares for a woman is cracked burning feet. The skin becomes dry, as there are no oil glands found in the feet. Here are some natural remedies to help relieve the symptoms of burning and cracked feet.
You will need two teaspoons of the oil and apply it to the broken parts on the feet. Put on a pair of socks, leave it overnight, and wash it off in the morning. You can do this before going to bed as the fats in the oil nourish the skin.
Banana and Avocado Foot Mask
Blend half an avocado with a ripe banana and apply the mask to the feet. You can keep it on for up to 20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this every day until you feel the skin becoming soft. The banana works as a moisturizer while the avocado offers a rich essential oil with vitamins & fats to repair the skin.
Lemon Juice and Vaseline
Soak your feet in warm water with Epson salts for up to 15 minutes and pat dry. Now mix a teaspoon of Vaseline with a few drops of lemon juice and rub over the broken parts of the feet. Put on some socks, keep it on for the night, and wash it off in the morning. The Vaseline provides a moisturizer while the lemon juice rids the dry skin.
Mix one cup of honey with ½ a bucket of warm water and soak your feet for up to 20 minutes. Now scrub the skin off gently leaving your feet supple. You can do this on a regular basis as the antiseptic aspects in honey heal cracks in the feet and hands.
As you can see, there are many different home remedies for burning feet syndrome. However, if you find using natural products does not help to relieve the burning sensation after a couple of days of use please do visit your doctor. Determining the cause can help to determine which remedy works best for you.