Acupressure Points Chart – Acupressure Points for Self Treatment
The acupressure point chart provides you with some informative information on the acupoints that an acupressure practitioner uses to target a particular pressure point to relieve aches and pains. These include back pain, headaches, sinus congestion and more.
Acupressure Points Hand Chart
Your body consists of at least 360 pressure points, here are some of the main acupressure points found, and how practitioners use them to heal aches and pains.
Acupressure Points Chart – The Different Pressure Points
When partaking in acupressure methods, the key energy points in your bodies massaged with the practitioner’s fingers to stimulate natural healing abilities. Various acupoints achieve different results, but the most frequent form of acupressure applications is firm, extended pressure, from 1 – 3 minutes.
Acupressure Points Foot Chart
Acupressure Points Foot Chart
Once locating the point, they gradually hold their thumb, heel, and side of their hand or finger and hold it for up to one minute to relax the nervous system. Breathing makes up a big part of acupressure and one needs to breathe deeply during the treatment.
Different Acupressure Points Charts
You can use an acupressure point chart to familiarize yourself with some of the following pressure points:
The Sea of Vitality
There are four points found on the back of your back, two found on each side of your spine found below your last rib, and two finger widths and four finger widths away from the spine. These are useful for lower back pain relief.
Heavenly Pillar, the Third Eye, and Gallbladder 2
If you are suffering from stress, anxiety, headaches, and chronic fatigues the Third Eye points found in the indentation at the bridge of your nose between the eyebrows and provides great relief when acupressure is used.
While the Gallbladder 2 points a fingertip, sized point found on the top of the ear joins on the side of the face and messaged to relieve migraines and vascular headaches.
While the Heavenly Pillar makes up a pair of points found one finger size beneath the bottom of the skull on your important neck muscles about half an inch from the spine. These acupoints are helpful for relieving insomnia, eyestrain, stiff neck, headaches, and over exhaustion.
Sea of Tranquility Points
The Sea of Tranquility points found three finger widths from the bottom of your sternum (breastbone.) This point is helpful for relieving anxiety, depression, tension in your chest, and nervousness.
This point found on the highest part of your shoulder, situated close to your neck and midway between the bottom of the neckline and the outer point of your shoulder. This point helps to relieve shoulder tension, headaches, anxiety, and fatigue.
Some Other Points Found On Acupressure Point Chart
As previously mentioned your body consists of many different pressure points. By using an acupressure point chart, you can locate these various pressure points mentioned, and some other points are used for various other ailments not mentioned previously.
- Letting Go – found four fingers width up from the armpit crease and one finger width inward on the outer part of your chest. These points help to relieve coughing, chest tension, depression, shallow breathing, and congestion.
- Supporting Mountain – at the bottom of your prominent calf muscle, ½ way between your knee crease and your heel and useful to relieve calf muscle cramps, knee pain, lower back pain, and foot swelling
- Sacral points – these are found in the lower back and tailbone and useful for relieving lower back pain, hip pain, and menstrual pains
- Drilling Bamboo – located in the indentation of the inner eye socket below the middle point of the eyebrow for relieving congestion, eye strain, and sinus pain
- Welcoming Perfume – points found on the sides of your nostrils and when acupressure is used, it helps to relieve sinus congestion
- Facial Beauty points – these are found below the pupils of your eyes and helps to relieve congestion, eye fatigue, and sinus pains
- Intermediary points – in the middle of the underside of your arm from the wrist crease and great to relieve nausea, vomiting, and upset stomach
By using an acupressure point chart combined with the pressure points, you can relieve many different aches and pains. However, one always needs to take care when using acupressure points for self-treatment and advisable to learn the proper techniques for applying pressure.
Acupressure Point Chart – Finding Your Pressure Points
What is the instinct to do when there is pain? You hold the place that hurts without realizing it.
By holding the place, it starts to feel better! However, the fact is that it also benefits other remote parts of the body. Therefore, by stimulating specific areas, you can cure different ailments and the methods called acupressure.
Therefore, if you have thought about using the technique and looked at the acupressure point chart thinking—what does that pressure point do and that one find out here?
Here we have made the pressure point chart a bit easier for you and have split it up into different categories to help with a wide selection of ailments to improve the health.
However, before we get to the acupressure point chart, you first need to know how to administer it correctly!
- Always use firm and deep pressure to stimulate each point when massaging.
- Try to relax and sit or lay in a comfortable position by breathing deeply and closing the eyes.
- You can repeat the massage often as it has no limits to how much you can do it a day.
- If the acupressure points not within your reach, ask another person to help.
Acupressure Point Chart for Height Increase
Okay, we can see the confused expression on your face. So how does this work? In Japan, the acupressure point used called the tsubo while the Chinese call it chi. When stimulating it with pressure, it relieves endorphins to stimulate growth.
What happens is that the muscles start to elongate and relax. Therefore, it allows blood to flow and eliminates toxins. The increased circulation brings more oxygen and nutrients to the areas affected as well.
As a result, the essential things to know where the right pressure points are for helping with the Human Growth Hormone (HGH.)
The hormone helps with bone and muscles growth. Furthermore, by stimulating the pituitary gland a small organ at the base of the brain helps stimulate other glands that also produce hormones. So what are these acupressure points?
The first one is the Thumb Point
The pressure point is one of the vital spots to help energy flow to the gland to release more of the HGH. You find the location in the center of your thumb.
By pressing, it gently in the pad of the thumb for up to, 15 minute is enough to make it work. However, it works better if you can press the spot while doing meditation as it gives you a quiet mind.
Try to do this at least three times a day to give better results.
The second point is the Toe Point
Another vital acupressure point for height growth is the toe point located in the center of the big toe. With the same pressure applied for up to 15-minutes, twice a day helps maximize height.
The essential things not to rush the process and think wow I am going to grow two-inches fast! Be patient and consistent it takes time.
For losing weight, the natural way acupressure is one of the oldest techniques that can help. Yes, we know gaining weight is easy but losing it is difficult.
Therefore, if you have tried all the diet pills on the market and still struggling with the weight problem, try the following tips:
- Follow a healthy diet plan.
- Replace your daily eating routine with a fasting routine.
- Perform a seven-minute workout daily.
- Moreover, apply the acupressure techniques discussed here.
By applying pressure to the acupoints will help improve your digestive system and help control your hunger. Do it daily for up to half an hour for the best results. Remember to massage lightly before and after applying pressure.
- Ear Acupressure Point – places your thumb against your jaw of the ear and moves it up and down. You will quickly find the spot where you find maximum movement. Once you find it, stop there, and press on the spot for a minute.
- The abdomen acupoint – the pressure points easy to find and located about 3cm below the navel called the Ren 6. By applying pressure to it helps with the digestive system and reduces constipation. Place two fingers on the spot, massage up and down for a minute, and press for two minutes. You can do this twice a day.
- The abdominal sorrow acupoints – you can find the spot under your last rib and helps relieve indigestion and rib pain. Furthermore, it helps with an appetite as well to lessen cravings. Press the acupoints for at least five minutes every day.
- Elbow acupoints – the significant intestine point you locate on the inner side of the elbow crease by using your thumb. Press the spot for a minute every day.
- Knee pressure point – to help improve the digestion you find the knee acupoints on the outer side of the leg on the left and right leg. The spots situated two inches below your kneecap. Apply light pressure for a minute and after applying pressure move the foot up and down to feel the muscle move. Stay on the spot and press another two minutes.
Previously we discussed hair growth in a separate article! However, did you know that applying pressure to acupoints could help improve growth? Here are the best acupressure points you can use.
Finding the spots easy as it is located on the top of your head. By massaging, the acupoint helps with blood circulation for hair growth.
Take your finger and start drawing a line from the bridge of the nose upwards to end in the middle between the ears. Now take ten toothpicks bundled together with a rubber band and stimulate the area for ten minutes.
After completing the process, massage your whole head gently.
To facilitate better hair growth, you can apply pressure to the Ll1 point. In the index finger to the thumb side, you find the acupoint to the corner of the nail.
Press the spot for three minutes every day and the best of all you do not need anyone to help as it is within reach.
Using the acupoint is simple, and you will need to place three fingers in the portion between the spine and shoulder blade. You need to apply excessive pressing and rubbing.
You need to do this on both sides of the spine for effective results. While it helps with hair growth, it calms the mind as well. Do both spots for three minutes.
The acupressure points found on the forearm on the inside portion. Press the spot any time of the day to stimulate the growth of the hair. You can do this up to three times a day.
Another useful pressure point is in your wrist crease on the front part of your thumb. The acupoint also helps to reduce stress found in the arms and helps with hair growth.
Yes, not everyone wants to lose weight; some people that do want to gain weight as well. However, before applying pressure to these acupoints do some breathing exercises as it helps the oxygen flow through the body.
- The acupoint on top of the Trapezius muscle you can find on the back where your neck and shoulder meets. Furthermore, it is in line with your nipple. Apply pressure on the point for a minute and repeat on the opposite side.
- Stand in front of the mirror and find the nose bridge pressure point between the eyes. You can stroke the area from the eye towards the bridge of your nose.
- While the acupoint between the dip of your eyebrows is useful to relieve stress applying one minute of pressure also helps with weight gain.
- On the breastbone above your celiac plexus is another pressure point you can hold for one minute.
- Ear acupoint – this is another practical pressure point found between the ear and temple. You can massage it for a minute.
Everyone suffers from lower back pain. If you are one these people you can apply pressure to relieve lower back pain with the following acupressure points:
- Sea of Energy – you find it two finger widths below the belly button. Massaging the spot relieves pain in the lower back and tones weak abdominal muscles.
- Sea of Vitality – we recommend you do not apply pressure to this area if you have a weak back. On the lower back, place up to four finger widths away from your spine at waist level and apply pressure to the spot.
- Womb and Vitals pressure points found two finger widths on the large bony area at the base of your spine—midway between the top of the hipbone and bottom of your buttock.
- Commanding Middle – the pressure points in the middle of the knee crease on the back and helps with relieving back pain.
Many people suffer from severe headaches, and no one wants to keep grabbing for painkillers unless it is critical. So instead of ridding the headache with medicine try a more natural way with acupressure.
- Yin Tang is on the forehead, halfway between the eyebrows, at the point of the third eye (GV 24.5)
- Zan Zhu if found on the inner end of the eyebrow, directly above the inner corner of the eye (BL 2)
- Si Bai, you locate on the cheek, directly below the pupil in the depression on the bone right below the eye (ST 2)
- Tou Wei sits at the corner of the forehead approximately 0.5 cun (width of the thumb in the middle of the crease) within the hairline, 4.5 cun away from the midline of the head (ST 8)
- Tong Zi Liao is located 0.5 cun away from the outer corner of the eye, in the depression of the temple (GB 1)
- Qu Bin you find above the ear, at the junction of a straight line across the crown of the ear and a vertical line across the back of the temple (GB 7)
- Yi Feng you find located in the depression one cun below the earlobe (TE 17)
- Tian Zhu you discover on the back of the neck, one cun from the base of the skull, on the rope-like muscle approximately one cun from the spine (BL 10)
Always remember when applying pressure to these points do it firmly by moving in small circular motions.
Are you diabetic using acupressure is harmless and can help with treating diabetes? Whether you have Type1 or Type2 Diabetes, you can use acupressure to relieve symptoms associated with it. These acupoints are:
Lower Leg Point (Spleen Point) – You find the spleen point on the lower side of the leg behind the shinbone at the above side of the anklebones. Apply firm pressure to the spot for three minutes a day.
Foot Toe Point (Liver Point) – Located on your foot between your big and 2nd toe and can apply mild pressure in reverse circle movements for three minutes. Doing this relieves stress; however, do not do this if a person’s tired.
Inner Foot Point (Kidney Point) – situated on the inner side of the foot between the Achilles muscle and anklebone. Apply pressure to the spot for three minutes every day to improve and develop the production of insulin.
Arthritis Point is situated at 2 centimeters distance in the below side from the Knee. Apply mild pressure on the spot for five minutes daily to get relief in indigestion problems and arthritis.
Intestine Point – the acupressure point is useful to treat different ailments in the body. You find it between the thumb and index finger. Massage the joint area to remove excess heat from your body to provide it with energy.
As you can see, there are different acupressure point charts you can use to treat various ailments in the body. Whether you have diabetes, want to relieve headache, lose or gain weight, you can use any of the acupoints mentioned to achieve excellent results.
Helpful Tips to Relieve Pain
Every day someone is suffering from chronic pain in the world. Whether it is a toothache, menstrual cramps, headaches, foot pain we all fall under many different categories of illness.
What is the first thing you do when you have any form of aches & pains? We knew it you grab for the bottle of aspirin or ibuprofen standing in the medicine cupboard. We all do it. However, did you know that taking the medication can lead to a wrecked gut, stressed the liver, and destroy your sleep?
We are not saying using NSAIDs are wrong as they do have their place in society. Using them is great when recovering from a surgery or some major injury. However, using them as an over-the-counter pain relief only masks the pain and does not help for inflammation.
But what if we told you there are other natural ways to relieve pain. Will you try them? We have done some research to help ease pain naturally without taking painkillers. So if you want to prevent pumping your body with harmful chemicals stay a while and read on.
We have many easy to use remedies you can utilize in the comfort of your home.
Tips to Relieve Pain for Acne Problems
One of the most common skin disorders is acne (categorized as blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and cysts.) At some point in your life, you most likely faced the dreaded pimple, primarily as a teenager. But what causes it?
As hormonal changes take place, the sebaceous glands in the skin enlarge. In turn, the output of sebum increases and mixes with bacteria, dead skin cells, and blocks the pores leading to different acne problems. However, occasionally you can suffer from painful acne or just one blown up a pimple.
So are there home remedies for painful pimples? Yes, there is— but before you, start mixing up batches of ointment first read this important information here:
- If you do have severe acne, problems or even one pimple refrain from squeezing them as it spreads the infection.
- Always keep your skin clean and avoid using harsh scrubs and over washing.
- You can cleanse your face twice a day with mild unscented soap and if your skin is oily use a drying soap.
- Avoid using washing granules or exfoliates as it worsens the problem and causes skin irritation.
- Apply a facemask of mud, clay, or oatmeal to remove oil in the skin periodically.
By following the above can help prevent your acne from flaring up. However, if you have one stubborn pimple, you can get rid of it fast with the following:
Garlic has antiseptic properties to fight bacteria in the skin. Further, it contains organic components such as sulfur that helps heal acne. Take a clove of garlic and slice into two pieces. Take the garlic with juice and rub it on the pimple. Leave it on for five minutes and wash with lukewarm water. If your skin shows no signs of sensitivity, you can repeat as desired.
Lemon Juice comprises Vitamin C and acidic properties that fight acne-causing bacteria. The best is to use fresh lemon as the juice sold in bottles contains other preservatives that could harm the skin. First, you can dip a cotton swab in the liquid and apply it to the zit or affected area and leave it overnight. Clean your face with tepid water in the morning. The second options to mix a tbsp of lemon juice with a tsp of cinnamon powder to make a mask. Apply to the blemish and leave overnight, however, if you do have sensitive skin this method not recommended. Always wash it off with lukewarm water in the morning.
Apple Cider Vinegar unbelievably it works. The vinegar works as an unrefined astringent and makes your skin feel smooth as well. You can use it for spot treatment by dabbing a few drops of diluted ACV on the zit and leave it overnight. You can also use it on scars and age spots.
Tips to Relieve Foot Pain:
Your feet are an essential part of the body as it carries you everywhere. The problem is that we do not give them much attention until they start hurting. Whether it is from wearing those high heels, too tight shoes, or an injury from the past it is unpleasant to deal with. Here are some home remedies to relieve foot pain.
Eucalyptus Oil – you will need a large bowl to fill with hot water and ten drops of the oil. Soak your feet for up to 15-minutes twice a day. The essential oil comprises eucalyptol that is an anti-inflammatory that helps treat foot pain.
Baking Soda – take a bowl large enough to place your feet. Add a ½ cup of baking soda to hot water. Make sure to mix the substance until dissolved and soak your feet for up to 20-minutes once a day. With the anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to treat pain in the feet.
Coconut Oil – takes three teaspoons of the oil in your palm, massage the affected foot, and put on a sock to seal the oil. You can do this once a day. A fact is that coconut oil is one of the best natural options to treat pain in the feet.
Epson Salts – place your feet for up to 15 minutes in a bowl of hot water mixed with a cup of Epson salts. You can do this on a daily basis to treat aching feet. Epson salt contains magnesium sulfate that works as an anti-inflammatory and soothes the pain.
The truth is having your period can be painful for many women. For many having, their menstrual cycle is a breeze, but for others the pain becomes unbearable. If you are one of many women with a painful period, there are different ways to reduce the pain during your period.
- Herbal Medicine – for relieving cramps you can drink raspberry leaf tea, valerian tea, ginger tea, or chamomile tea. Alternatively, you can take two to three capsules of primrose oil or black currant oil each day to prevent period cramps.
- Hydrotherapy –soak in a warm bath with a few drops of juniper oil in it to ease the cramps.
- Self Treatment – you can place a heating pad or warm water bottle to the area, do moderate exercise or partake in sexual activity as it helps produce orgasm leading to less pain. Alternatively, you can massage your abdomen with essential oils such as Clary Sage, Lavender, or Marjoram. You can also drink a lot of hot water as it helps increase blood flow and relaxes the muscles.
Tips to RelieveStomach Pain:
Everyone suffers from pain in the stomach occasionally, but what helps to relieve pain in the stomach? Whether you are nauseous, constipated, gassy, or have indigestion, these natural remedies can help ease an upset stomach without using over the counter medicine.
Carrot and Mint Juice
Okay, this may sound iffy, but it is super helpful as the carrot gives the body nourishment while the mint soothes the stomach. You can boil four carrots sliced with four cups of water, and one tsp of dried peppermint. Alternatively, you can place a mint teabag in the water. Cook for 15-minutes until the carrots soft. You can even add some ginger or lemon juice for flavoring. Place the substance in a juicer and leave to cool down before drinking.
Yes, we know you do not like your toast burnt, but it is one of the best stomachache remedies available in the home. The char absorbs toxins that make you feel ill. If you want to make it, more palatable, you can smear some jelly on it.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Here the trusted friend makes a reappearance once again. A fact is ACV is helpful to relieve a sore throat, hiccups, and more. Mix one tablespoon of ACV in a cup of warm water with one tsp honey. The combination helps with cramping stomachs and gas in the body. Further, it lessens discomfort if you suffer from heartburn.
The truth is that you do not want to eat dairy when you have an upset stomach. However, the probiotics qualities in yogurt are an excellent cure for digestive discomfort. Further, it also boosts your immune system, but make sure to buy pure yogurt without added preservatives. Not only is it great to help relieve stomach pain it is fantastic to take if you are on antibiotics that cause thrush in some woman as well.
Tips to Relieve Wisdom Teeth pain:
If there is one intolerable, pain not all can take, it is a toothache. Now if you are cutting your wisdom teeth that are even worse. Many say you need to get to the dentist and have them removed. However, what if you are not able to or do not have medical? What helps relieve pain caused by wisdom teeth let us find out.
Rinse with Warm Salt Water
A fact is that the remedy comes highly recommended by dentists as a stopgap. You can quickly throw this effective and affordable solution together at home without using over-the-counter analgesics. Take a glass of warm water and stir two tablespoons of salt until dissolved. Rinse your mouth several times and spit out. You can repeat the process every few hours.
In many circumstances, your wisdom teeth can cause swelling and applying an ice pack helps to relieve the pain. You can use any commercial ice pack or grab a bag of frozen veg out of the refrigerator as it also helps. Alternatively, you can place ice in a baggie and wrap it with a towel. The coldness helps with the inflammation present as well.
Clove oil is one of the best-kept secrets to help relieve a toothache. By applying the oil to the tooth, it helps numb the pain, and the antibacterial properties fight infection. You can place some of the oil on a cotton ball and hold it directly on the tooth and gums. If you find the taste is too strong, you can mix it with a little bit of olive oil. A fact is that years ago people use to use the clove directly on the tooth by biting on it.
One of the leading culprits causing skin damage is the sun. We all love to bask in it and best to take precaution as it causes premature aging and skin cancer. So what is the solution? You need to apply your sunblock to prevent you from getting a sunburn. However, if you were outdoors all day and forgot to put on your sunscreen, there are other ways to relieve the pain from sunburn. If you do have a severe sunburn, we recommend you see your doctor as it could cause fever and swelling. The physician will prescribe penicillin or some form of antibiotic to treat the blistering and infection.
- Herbal Medicine – if you have mild sunburn you can apply a cool compression of apple cider vinegar or the juice of freshly cut aloe plants to alleviate the pain and speed healing — however, the treatments not recommended for severely blistered skin.
- Self Treatment – you can relieve the pain with a cold shower or using cold-water compresses. Alternatively, you can sit in a bath of cold water with a cup of corn flour added. Another helpful treatment is to put cold washcloths soaked in milk in the refrigerator and apply to the affected areas. The cooling effect takes the heat out of the sunburn, and the fluid comprises lactic acid to relieve pain.
As you can see from the article, there are many different ways to relieve pain in the body naturally. Always remember if the pain is persistent after using any of the natural remedies mentioned it is best to visit your doctor. The problem may not be something minor and could be a significant problem. Using alternative medicines is a quick solution for mild pain and best treated by a professional if it is severe.